Our treatment for sexual pain: after many years and thousands of practiced treatment hours, we amassed enough experience, data, and clinical skills for developing a sound treatment protocol for Pelvic Pain/Penetration disorders, including primary vaginismus & secondary vaginismus, dyspareunia (painful sex), vulvodynia, and vulvar vestibulitis.
We named it the DiRoss Methodologysm and it has become our standard of care for addressing the entire woman, not just her genitals. Over the years, we expanded on it to also address cancer, incontinence, pelvic floor dysfunction, and other female issues.
What is the DiRoss Methodologysm all about?
- The treatment is practical, focused, short-term, and individualized.
- The treatment is quantitative, which means that we know – upon initial evaluation – how many sessions will be needed to meet the patient’s goals.
- It is a process of “hands on” guided penetration training plus all the emotional support that is necessary to make the woman own her genitals and have all vaginal penetrations without distress.
- Therapeutic approaches may also include urogynecologic & pelvic floor rehabilitation, sexual therapy, guidance in the areas of self-care and personal hygiene, urogynecologic/sexual care, cancer rehabilitation and support, patient and partner education, and complementary & alternative medicine.
- The treatment is rendered in a coordinated manner with all specialists being on the team at the same time.
- An average session lasts between 50 and 90 minutes and is dedicated to the particular needs of the patient.
- The treatment is never done in a group.
- The treatment is typically covered by insurance.
How different is your treatment from what other specialists offer?
- The DiRoss Methodologysm has remained proprietary, which means that we never taught it to anyone outside of our organization.
- It is based on sound experience and extensive data outcome.
- It offers a team approach, not fragmented care.
- It has gained recognition and acceptance by the medical community, and by satisfied patients.
- It includes our concierge service.
- It is taking place in our non-medical office atmosphere,offering the ultimate personal care.