Not all bleeding/spotting after intercourse suggest a medical crisis.
Common, every day causes may include:
- Chafing irritation because of dryness/insufficient lubrication.
- You have vaginismus or dyspareunia — your vagina is tight (nervous) causing chafing irritation.
- You just started having intercourse and are still breaking left-over hymeneal tissue.
- Your vagina is fragile because of estrogen depletion such as in menopause or after cancer treatment.
- You just had your period and the tapping of the penis on the uterus shakes out leftover blood.
So, before you panic and think of the inevitable (cancer), explore the above. Seek medical help if the bleeding/spotting persists.