Intercourse & cleaning
Posted by womentc in Sexual Dysfunction, Women's Health 16 Jul 2010
- What happens to his semen inside my vagina?
- Do I need to clean my vagina after he ejaculates? Is his semen safe?
- How do I clean it?
These are common questions and with a good cause: a liquid is deposited in the vagina and you want to know what to do about it. So, here is the short scoop:
- The ejaculate (semen + seminal fluid that keeps it alive) is safe to your vagina.
- The ejaculate can be left in the vagina without further action: some of it will leak out immediately (the ‘wet spot’), some will be absorbed by the body, and the rest will come out later on as a jelled blob.
- Some women prefer to shower and rinse out the genital lips afterward.
- Some women prefer to rinse out the vagina. For that purpose, use a douche bottle, fill it with lukewarm water, insert into the vagina and rinse out. NEVER use scented or medicinal products unless instructed by your doctor.