We provide women affected by cancer, their family, and the community with a comprehensive, expert intervention during all phases of breast and female (gynecologic) cancers, from diagnosis to healing, and posttreatment.
Female cancers include cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, vulvar, endometrial, colon and rectal. However, do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other cancer diagnosis.
While women will easily grasp the need for medical intervention, emotional help is often forgotten, or left out by the medical team, or not sought because the woman is afraid to face the concerns that are so typically associated with cancer, or does not know where to find proper help, or be too overwhelmed to even think about it.
Therefore, we offer a wide range of options to choose from for at any stage of the process as per the particular needs of each woman:
- Vaginal rehabilitation, dilator training, restoring penetrations, genital care
- Incontinence management for bladder and bowel control
- Pelvic floor muscle strengthening
- Healthy life style
Emotional support services:
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Resuming sexual intimacy: why, when, how, etc.
- Sex education
- Sexual therapy
- Sexual counseling
- Image consulting for self-esteem, hair loss, side effect of treatment, etc.
- The services of an Aesthetician: beauty tips, skin care, makeup techniques, etc.
The following list illustrates the emotional toll cancer takes, and can also be used as a guide to encourage your loved one/friend/patient that it is time to seek help:
- Managing treatment side effects (hair loss, fatigue, chemo brain)
- Fears about death and dying
- Depression, anxiety and isolation
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Fertility concerns and egg harvesting
- Reluctance/fear of resuming sexual intimacy
- Affected self esteem, poor self-image, fear of dating and intimacy
- Returning to work during treatment
- Talking to children and loved ones about cancer
Contact us for further information, and to schedule an appointment.