We provide women affected by cancer, and their family, with a comprehensive, expert intervention during all phases of breast and female (gynecologic) cancers, from diagnosis to healing, and posttreatment.
Female cancers include cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, vulvar, endometrial, colon and rectal. However, do not hesitate to reach out to us with any other cancer diagnosis.
While women will easily grasp the need for medical intervention, emotional help is often forgotten, or left out by the medical team, or not sought because the woman is afraid to face the concerns that are so typically associated with cancer, or does not know where to find proper help, or be too overwhelmed to even think about it.
Therefore, we offer a wide range of options to choose from for at any stage of the process as per the particular needs of each woman:
- Dilator introduction prior to treatment
- Restoration of vaginal penetrations post-intervention
- Restoration of vaginal function due to estrogen suppression medications
- Restoration of vaginal use after radiation
- Continence guidance
- Genital care & hygiene
- Individual counseling
- Couple counseling
- Stress management
- Resuming sexual intimacy: why, when, how, etc.
- Sex education
- Sexual therapy
- Sexual counseling
The following list illustrates the emotional toll cancer takes, and can also be used as a guide to encourage your loved one/friend/patient that it is time to seek help:
- Managing treatment side effects (hair loss, fatigue, chemo brain)
- Fears about death and dying
- Depression, anxiety and isolation
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Fertility concerns and egg harvesting
- Reluctance/fear of resuming sexual intimacy
- Affected self esteem, poor self-image, fear of dating and intimacy
- Returning to work during treatment
- Talking to children and loved ones about cancer
Contact us for further information, and to schedule an appointment.